Do's and Don'ts
Easy to Follow
- Priority seats
Available on all LMRC trains. We request to give your seat to the elderly, commuters with disabilities, with infants and expectant mothers
- Using strollers safely
We request commuters using strollers not to obstruct the path of other commuters. We also request other commuters to be understanding & mindful of those using strollers.
- Kindly refrain from entering the track area/ other restricted areas. You may come in contact of a running train or be electrocuted by high voltage electric lines.
- Refrain from boarding a running train
To board a running train is extremely dangerous. May cause an accident
Do's and Don'ts at the Platform
- Stand behind the tactile line in a queue, at side and not in the middle of the same door.
- Allow passengers from train to alight first.
- Mind the gap between platform and train while boarding or de-boarding.
- Follow constructions of marshals stationed at the platforms.
- Stand facing the direction of travel while waiting at platform.
- Check the arrival time of your train from the digital signboard.
- Take care of your valuables, bags etc.
- Do not push your co-passengers while at the platform as well as entering the train.
- Do not stand in front of train door.
- Do not try to enter when train doors are closing.
- Do not smoke at station as well as inside train.
- Do not spit/ create nuisance on station and platform area, stations and inside the trains.
- Do not step onto metro track or try to pick the belongings that drop on the track (contact metro staff for assistance).
- Do not eat or drink on station/ in train. Be patient, remain calm, you are safe. Press alarm or intercom button to call help.
Do's and Don'ts on Train
- Pay attention to announcement.
- Always check there is no unattended or suspicious article lying anywhere within the coach or anywhere in station area.
- Train can move only if all doors are properly closed.
- Don't use passenger alarm between stops unless it's a real emergency.
- Do not block train doors while standing in front of door.
- Do not play music speakers on the train or at station.
- Do not lean on door
- Do not talk loudly
- Do not sit on the floor of the train.
- Do not spit or write on the wall of car/gangway.
- Do not eat inside the car.
- Do not carry heavy back pack to avoid inconvenience to fellow passengers.
Do's and Don'ts Security check-ups
- Cooperate with the Metro staff in friendly frisking & security check-ups.
- Limit your baggage to 15 kg.
- Do not carry baggage exceeding 60 cm (Length) x 45 cm (Width) x 25 cm (Height) in size.
Do's and Don'ts for Escalators
- Hold the handrail while using escalator, face the moving direction and put forward a step on escalator.
- Stand on left side of the escalators, while moving keep to the right.
- Keep feet within tactile line and from sides.
- Move away from escalator after reaching destination.
- In case of emergency, press emergency stop red buttons. located at the bottom, top & centre of the escalator. Hold children firmly.
- Do not use the escalator when it is not working.
- Running on escalator not permitted.
- Pushchair not permitted.
- Transportation of bulk and heavy loads not permitted.
- Use permitted only with footwear.
- Don't carry luggage on your head.
- Don't sit, run or play on escalators.
- Don't lean outside from handrail.
Do's and Don'ts at the Elevator
- Stand clear off doors. Step in only when it has stopped & doors have opened fully.
- Press your destination gently (indicator in button shows your call is registered; p: platform, c: concourse).
- Use door open button only when necessary. Preventing doors from closing delay service for other users.
- Follow the principle: last in- first out!
- Use emergency alarm/intercom button, only during emergency situations.
- Do not use elevators in case of fire, earthquake.
- Do not try to forcefully open the door.
- Do not stand unnecessarily in line with door movement.
- Do not try to enter when elevator doors are closing.
- Do not smoke inside elevator.
- Do not panic if you get stuck inside elevator for whatsoever reason. Be patient, remain calm, you are safe. Press alarms or intercom button to call help.