For Differently Abled
Facilities For Differently Abled Passengers
Facilities and amenities provided by UPMRCL for differently abled passengers
- Lucknow Metro is the first metro in India to provide Braille enabled GoSmart cards at all Metro stations.
- Earmarked spaces for PwD have been provided in all trains of Lucknow Metro. Berths are also earmarked in all coaches. Emergency alarm with facility to talk to Train Operator directly and request for longer duration Stoppage is available in all trains of Lucknow Metro. Braille enabled signages are available in Trains.
- Tactile Paths have been constructed and functional at all stations of Lucknow Metro.
- Lifts have been provided at all stations and offices of Lucknow Metro. Lift panels are Braille enabled.
- Digital route maps are displayed and regular announcement of stoppage related information is being ensured in all coaches of trains.
- Ramps have been provided at all stations with proper signages.
- Special Low height ticket counters have been provided at all stations.
- Separate Washrooms/toilets have been provided for use of PwD at all stations.
- Wheel chairs with free of cost assistance facility is available at all stations on demand.
- Wide Entry gates are available at all stations to facilitate entry with wheel chair.
- 24x7 HANDICARE helpline number 9415578606 is provided to obtain any information about usage of Lucknow Metro.
- Low height water coolers /drinking water points are available at all stations.
Braille enable LMRC Go Smart Card
Earmarked space for PwD in metro coach for wheelchair
Reserved berths for Pwd inside the metro coaches
Emergency alarm facility to talk to Train Operator & request for longer duration stoppage
Braille enabled signage inside the metro trains
Tactile Path at all metro stations
Braille enabled Lift Panels
DRM (Digital Route Map) inside metro trains
Stoppage Information inside all coaches of trains
Ramps provided at all metro stations
Special Low Height Ticket counter at all metro stations with signage
Separate Washrooms for PwD at all metro stations
Inside view of washrooms for PwD
Facility of free wheelchair at all metro stations
Wide Entry Gates to facilitate Wheelchair entry at all metro stations
Low height drinking water points at all metro stations
Passenger lift is available for public use, providing barrier-access to passengers by way of a more convenient connection between the station and the neighbouring community.
It is a foldable cushion wheel chair which, with staff assistance, enables wheelchair users to transfer vertically between street level and concourse level & platform through lift.
Staff-opened stair lifts enable the staff to assist mobility challenged passengers to gain access to the station concourse.
Wider AFC gate
The width of the wide gate enables wheelchair users, passengers with baby prams or baggage within the specified limit to enjoy train services without assistance from station staff.
Facilities provided by LMRC
Reaching the metro station
• Lucknow metro feeder bus services available for reaching metro stations.
• Adequate parking available at selective metro stations.
Facilities for the differently abled
1. Mobility impaired passengers
2. Visually impaired passengers
3. Hearing impaired passengers
Audible lift message
Audible message indicating direction and floor levels are broadcast in all passenger lifts at LMRC stations.
Broadcast at platform level and door chimes
Broadcast at platform level and door chimes Automatic voice announcements will be broadcast when a train is approaching and when it arrives at the platform. A chime will also sound when the train doors are opening/closing.
Escalator audible warning signals
Escalators audible warning signals are installed in all stations to help passengers to use escalators and identify the running direction of the escalator.
Facilities with braille plates
Braille plates are installed on lift buttons and inside trains for priority seats inthe stations to the visually impaired passengers.
• Tactile lines are installed in front of the platform edges
in stations to enable visually impaired care users to
detect the location of the platform edge.
• For any assistance dial 9415578606 - National disability Helpline no.
Flashing system map & active line diagram
Flashing system maps showing the current and next station, direction of the train and the sides of the doors will open for exiting passengers are provided in all trains.
On train information display system
Passengers information display panels in trains display next station messages & other operational and promotional information.
Passengers information display system
These provide visual messages and are supported by an audible warning in case of an incident. They are installed at the entrances and concourses of all stations, with the train arriving visual message always displayed on platforms.