Lucknow Metro, the dream project of the people of Lucknow, is progressing at a very fast pace and has already achieved the distinction of being the fastest Metro project execution that has ever been undertaken in the country. The priority section of North-South Corridor (Phase 1-A) from Transport Nagar to Charbagh is already operational for public with effect from 2017.
There has been no looking back for this prestigious project ever since its foundation stone was laid in March, 2014 for the 23 km Phase 1A (North-South) corridor. The commencement of civil works started on 27th September, 2014 with the ground breaking ceremony by the then Hon'ble Chief Minister. LMRC is determined to bring a world class Metro to the city of Lucknow in a very short span of time.
North-South Corridor (CCS Airport-Munshi Pulia)
Distance: 22.878 km.
No. of Stations: 21
Name of Stations: CCS Airport, Amausi, Transport Nagar, Krishna Nagar, Singar Nagar, Alambagh, Alambagh Bus Stand, Mawaiya, Durgapuri, Charbagh / Lko Railway Station, Hussaingang, Sachiwalaya, Hazratganj, KD Singh Babu Stadium, Vishwavidyalaya, IT College Junction, Badshah Nagar, Lekhraj Market, Ram Sagar Mishra Nagar, Indra Nagar and Munshi Pulia.
East-West Corridor (Charbagh-Vasantkunj) - Proposed
Distance: 11.098 km.
No. of Stations: 12
Name of Stations: Charbagh (proposed), Gautam Buddha Marg, Aminabad, Pandey Ganj, Lucknow City Railway Station, Medical Chauraha, Nawajganj, Thakurganj, Balaganj, Sarfarazganj, Musabagh and Vasantkunj.
Elevated Section ...
Lucknow Metro's stretch between Amausi & Charbagh and K. D. Singh Stadium & Munshipulia are the elevated sections comprising 19 km of Metro network. Amausi, Transport Nagar, Krishna Nagar, Singaar Nagar, Alambagh, Alambagh Bus Stand, Mawaiya, Durgapuri, Charbagh, K.D. Singh Stadium, Vishwavidyalaya, IT College Junction, Badshah Nagar, Lekhraj Market, Ram Sagar Mishra Nagar, Indra Nagar and Munshipulia are the 17 elevated Metro Stations in this corridor.
The 4 km underground stretch comprising the CCS Airport, Sachivaalaya, Hazratganj and Hussainganj Metro Stations form the underground section of the 23 km long North-South Metro corridor (Phase 1A).
Fastest ever Metro project construction/execution in the country. 8.5 kms of the stretch has being executed in less than 3 years which is a record in itself. No other Metro Project has even been able to achieve this feat in the past. Even contemporary Metro projects in the country have also not been able to match up with the speed of deliverance in the country as compared with LMRC's strength in project execution within such a stiff target date and the sanctioned budget.
Energy Conservation Measures: Lucknow Metro is taking several energy conservation measures such as use of regenerative braking in the trains which will result in saving of 30 to 35 per cent traction energy thereby resulting in reduction in emission of Green House Gases (GHG), use of 1% criteria for underground stations in the AC system for the stations, using Variable Voltage Variable Frequency (VVVF) drive for all lifts and escalators, provision of LED lights at stations, use of energy efficient equipment for Environment Control System (ECS) and Tunnel Ventilation System (TVS) system for the underground section etc.
Solar Power Initiatives: Currently 1.5 MW - 2 MW of electricity has been planned by Lucknow Metro to be used from the roof mounted solar photo voltaic cells of train stabling and inspection line sheds under RESCO model. LMRC has always implemented green construction practices at its project site like tyre/wheel washing of vehicles leaving its site,tree transplantation, recycling of curing water, regular cleaning & maintaining aesthetically pleasing barricades at construction site and others. Because of all these novel measures, Lucknow Metro will be able to recover the entire cost of the project in 5years.
At Mawaiya Railway Crossing, LMRC has constructed a special balanced cantilever Metro span of 255 meters (central span 105 meters; end spans of 75 meters each). This is one of the most challenging and a critical job which has been executed at a height of 21.5 meters above the ground level while surpassing over a Railway Crossing at a height of 15.2 meters from the ground level under extremely difficult situations in the middle of the main road traffic.
At Awadh Rotary Lucknow Metro has executed a 60 meter special steel span Metro bridge crossing the rotary over a statue in the middle of the rotary. This bridge which has been built at a height of approximately 13 meters above the ground connects both the ends of the Metro viaduct to provide a special seamless connectivity for Metro train operation. It is one of the rare kinds of work which has been done in the Capital City of Uttar Pradesh.
LMRC has established a 'Centre of Excellence for Training' that is imparting a specialised training to all its newly recruited staff and officers to infuse a sense of belongingness among them.
LMRC is leading the baton in Uttar Pradesh and has emerged as a role model in bringing a Mass Rapid Transit System (MRTS) revolution in the State. LMRC has also acted as 'Coordinator' in preparing the Detailed Project Reports (DPRs) for bringing Metro in other important cities of Uttar Pradesh viz. Kanpur, Varanasi, Meerut, Agra, Allahabad, Gorakhpur and Jhansi.
Rolling Stock Features
- The trains have design speed of 90 kmph & schedule speed of 32 to 35km per hour with dwell time/stoppage of 30 seconds per station and design headway of 100 second.
- Train exterior is a tribute to the cultural richness of the city of Lucknow.
- Exterior livery in golden color is inspired by the Chikankari craftsmanship.
- The front shape of train shows the spirit of the fabulous Roomi Gate, Bara-Imambara & Asifi Masjid.
- Blending of black color in front of car is inspired from modern feel of Hazaratganj.
Design Criteria of Trains
- Train cars for LMRC are energy efficient, reliable and better comfort to passengers in terms of riding quality, lower-noise level and environment friendly.
- Body shell of cars made of stainless steel are lightweight.
- Highly energy efficient Trains with LED lighting and regenerative braking to feed the energy back to overhead electrical energy system during braking
- All systems monitored & selectively controlled by a microprocessor based Train Control & Management System.
- Low noise inside trains, wide passenger doors and inter-car gangways for easy passenger movement,
- Ergonomically designed handrail & grab handle system for easy & confortable standing,
- Soothing Public Announcement system with all around visible Display System inside car as well a side & front of trains, digital passenger information display panels,
- Large windows & scrachproof stainless steel bucket type seats for confortable sitting.
- The station name display inside trains is also in Urdu language in addition to Hindi & English.